UPGRADE THE MODEMS NOT THE SMART METERS!
All around the world mobile operators are shutting down 2G/3G networks in order to give way to 5G. Companies that operate smart meters with 2G/3G connectivity must plan the migration to the latest 4G LTE network which is well-positioned to dominate smart metering communication technologies in the upcoming years. The migration from GSM to UMTS has many advantages, for example, a shorter readout time due to the high-speed network with low latency.
Utilities have two options for migration: replace the meters or upgrade the modems within their routers! The 1st option comes with a high CAPEX, while the 2nd option is a future-proof solution that reduces TCO.
The modem is easily mountable on a DIN-rail and operates from a 230V external power supply. The case design and interfaces meet the industry standards and the strict requirements of the large meter manufacturers. This device allows us to connect all kinds of industrial measurement systems with a central server by creating a transparent data link between a local system and an IP address or HES.
The device offers remote access and configuration features.
- It supports the 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE Cat.M, LTE Cat.NB networks
- RS485 data connection, transparent link
- RS232 serial port connection (for configuration)
- WM-E Term® configuration tool
- Alarm notification
- Transparent data transfer (client and server mode)
- Remote & safe firmware updates
Design & Construction
- Separated and sealed isolation
- It can be mounted onto C-rail (by its adapter)
- External power supply is required
- High availability
- Event monitoring
- Supercapacitor option
- Industrial companies
- Production field
- Measurement systems
- Remote access, maintenance