Wireless communication modem that has been specifically designed for use with the Honeywell® / Elster® Alpha electricity meters.
The smart modem provides transparent data link to the HES centre, through CDMA450 / 2G / 3G / 4G / LTE-M and Narrow Band wireless network.
Our modem is part of the AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) of the utility company.
It is suitable for remote meter readout of electricity meters, meter data download and configuration on the provider’s requestby schedules or on-demand.
Compatible with the Honeywell® / Elster® AS220/AS230/AS300 and the AS1440, AS3000/AS3500 electricity meters.
• It supports CDMA 450, 2G, 3G, LTE 4G, LTE Cat.M and Narrow-Band networks
• Design & connectivity satisfy meter manufacturer standard
• Sealed and separated from meter
• The modem PCB is installable inside the meter enclosure (under the terminal cover) and can be fastened securely
• Power supply from the metrology (AC power)
• Optional surge protection from 4kV up to 12kV
• „Pull” data sending (for HES request), alarm triggered
• „Push“ data sending (Ftp or IEC data push or by SMS triggering)
• IEC 62056-21 protocol
• Data encryption
• Scheduled data sending or triggered by an alarm
• Remote switch of the meter operation mode
• It can also be operated from a private network with NAT, modem connects to the HES (Head End System)
• Remote & safe firmware update
• Optional configuration by SMS messages
• Downloadable configuration tool: WM-E Term® or optional DMSet® software usage
• It constitutes a cost-effective solution, when implementing an automated energy metering system
• Supercapacitor option
- Utility companies
- Meter data transmission to the HES centre
- Connecting meters to the Smart Grid
The modem PCB is installable inside the meter enclosure (under the terminal cover) and can be fastened securely
The modem supports CDMA 450, 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE-M, Narrow Band data sending on mobile network standards, static IP addresses. Transparent data transmission, TCP/IP.
- Auto network recovery in case of network issue
- Remote configuration and firmware updates
- Alarm notification and reports
- Realtime clock
- DIN-rail mounting clips (optional)
- Optional SMA antenna (50 Ohm) – upon request
- WM-E Term® configuration software