Wireless communication modem that has been specifically designed for use with Landis+Gyr® electricity meters.
The smart modem has RS232 and RS485 (2 or 4-wire) connection capabilities, and it provides transparent data link to the HES centre, through the CDMA450 / 2G / 3G / 4G LTE and Narrow Band wireless network.
Our modem forms part of the AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) of the utility company.
Suitable for remote meter readout of electricity meters, meter data download and configuration on the provider’s request by schedules or on-demand.
Due the interfaces, it can be also used as a universal external modem – as it is connectable to any meter type.
- Supporting CDMA 450, 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE Cat.M and Narrow-Band Cat.NB networks
- It can be installed into the meter enclosure and fastened securely
- Design & connectivity satisfy meter manufacturer standards
- Sealed and separated from the meter
- Compatible with Landis+Gyr E350, E450, E550 electricity meters (ZMD310, ZMD410 types)
- Power supply from the metrology (AC power)
- Optional surge protection from 4kV up to 12kV
- „Push” data sending (FTP or IEC push, SMS trigger)
- IEC 62056-21 protocol
- Scheduled data sending or triggered by an alarm
- Remote switch of the meter operation mode
- It can also be operated from a private network with NAT, the modem connects to the HES (Head End System)
- Remote & safe firmware updates
- Free WM-E Term® configuration tool
- Supercapacitor option
- Utility companies
- Meter data transmission to the HES centre
- Connecting meters to the Smart Grid