External, industrial modem with serial port and Narrow-Band communication for Elster®/Honeywell® electricity meters – mountable to C-rail.
The modem has wireless data transmitting capabilities and RS232/RS485 data connection.
Suitable for remote meter readout, meter data download and configuration on the provider’s request.
Design and connectivity satisfies the vendor meter standard.
It is part of the AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) of the utility company.
• Supporting Narrow-Band IoT Cat.M1 and Cat.NB1 (Telit® modem)
• RS232/RS485 (upon request), transparent link
• WM-E Term® tool, optional DMSet® software
• Immediate alarm notification
• „Push” data sending (Ftp or IEC data push, by SMS triggering)
• Scheduled data sending or triggered by alarm
• Remote & safe firmware updates
Design & Construction
• Separated and sealed isolation from the meter
• Compatible with Elster® A1500 Alpha, A1800 Alpha, A1140 Alpha, A1160 Alpha, A1700 Alpha meters
• It can be mounted on any meter as external modem
• Power supply from the metrology (AC power)
• Power input surge protection from 4kV up to 12kV
• Supercapacitor option
• High availability
• Event monitoring
• Data encryption
- Utility companies, service providers
- Electricity metering (remote readout)
- Meter data transmission to the centre
- Remote operation/tarif mode switch
- Connecting meters to the Smart Grid
- Remote access, maintenance
The modem unit fits into the meter enclosure. It can also be attached/mounted to C-rail (by optional adapter).
The modem is supports the NB-IoT (Narrow-Band) Cat.M1 and Cat.NB1 LTE-M mobile network standards, static IP addresses. Transparent data transmission, supporting TCP/IP.
RS232, RS485 data connection (2- or 4-wire) can be ordered by request.
- Auto network recovery
- Remote data download (such as metering values, parameters, load profile, log)
- Remote configuration and firmware updates
- Alarm notification and reports
- Realtime clock (optional)
- WM-E1S NB®
- RS232/RS485 connection cable
- Narrow-band, gained SMA antenna (optional)
- Optional DIN-rail
- WM-E Term® configuration software