Our routers have the OpenWrt® embedded router operation system, which is based on Linux system core (kernel v4.4) with a number of useful additional services.
We offer the OpenWrt system, because:
- it is open source
- thousands of developers use it, and the development results are available for free
- customizable web interface is available
- available Linux command line and many optional and downloadable CLI apps
- we made pre-configured network and configuration services – for easy and best usage (RS232 and RS485, IPSec, VPN tunnel, LED configuration and many more)
The Telit® xE910 footprint-compatible module family members provide communication for our routers, you can order them in 2G, 3G, 4G LTE , and the industrial CDMA 450 MHz, LTE Cat.M and the Narrow Band Cat.NB modules. These modules’ and routers’ communication is automatically guided and handled by our OpenWrt implementation.
For having optional expandability, we have integrated the Dual SIM boards in our routers such as the WiFi module, the RS232 and RS485 (Modbus, M-Bus) board, IO board for industrial purposes.
The support of these modules can be accessed by having our OpenWrt implementation.
When you order M2M routers from us, we ship them with a pre-installed and pre-configured OpenWrt® system – ready to use. You can still refresh the system to the latest OpenWrt® release from our website and install additional software and apps from the official repositories.
The router with the OpenWrt® operating system is a great base for software developers and system integrators, because:
- it was especially made for embedded systems
- the current software package contains the results of our developments and experience of years
- the web user interface can be further developed
- Supported modules: wireless internet modules / WiFi module / secondary wireless module / single SIM or DUAL SIM module
- Supported interfaces: 1-4 LAN (10/100/1000Mbps, bridge), uSD card, USB, RS485, RS232 serial port
- Supported services and protocols: TCP / IP IPv4 or IPv6, DHCP, DDNS, NAT, SSH, GRE, TFTP, SFTP, FTP, NTP, Firewall, IEEE802.1x
- Special portocols*: TR-069, AES encryption, Modbus v1.1 protocol, DLMS/COSEM, OSPF, OpenNHRP support, SNMP v2, SNMP TRAP support (*available only for contracted Partners and projects)
- UCI command line interface
- Remote configuration and remote refresh of firmware
- LED configuration (programmable lights for operation and events)
- Detailed documentation of settings
By adding an extra service, we provide the Remote Device Manager® central router management software, which is capable of remote management and monitoring of hundreds of your routers (operation, life signals, QoS, as well as the central configuration and mass firmware updates of the devices).
- Hardware- and software developers
- System integrators
- Industrial developer companies
- Professional and power users
- Maintenance services